Denise Potter CV
Ketogenic Work Experience
- 2015 to present: Private ketogenic therapy practice - Potter Dietitian Consulting.
- 2007 to 2018: Hospital ketogenic diet therapy in-patient and out-patient care - University of Michigan, C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.
- "Ketogenic Diet Therapy for Epilepsy and Other Metabolic Based Conditions," 6 Credit CPE Study Program. 2018. Reviewer.
- "Practice Paper of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Classic and Modified Ketogenic Diets for Treatment of Epilepsy." August 2017. Reviewer.
- "Cognitive Outcomes in Febrile Infection-related Epilepsy Syndrome Treated with the Ketogenic Diet." Singh RK, Joshi SM, Potter DM, Leber SM, Carlson MD, Shellhaas RA. Pediatrics. 2014 Nov;134(5):e1431-5. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-3106.
- "Introducing Ketogenic Diet Therapy to Romania," Potter DM, 6th Global Symposium on Ketogenic Therapies for Neurological Disorders, October 2018.
- "Blood Ketone Management allows for optimal individualization of the Ketogenic Diet: A Presentation of Two Cases," Potter DM, Choi S, Maxbauer H, Barnes, A., 5th Global Symposium on Ketogenic Diet Therapies, September 2016.
- "Advantages of Serum Ketone Monitoring vs Urine Testing in Ketogenic Diet Management." Choi S, Potter DM, Maxbauer H, Barnes, A., 5th Global Symposium on Ketogenic Diet Therapies, September 2016.
Ketogenic Diet Presentations
- "Super Foods on the Ketogenic Diet and KetoDietCalculator Training," Keto University, Nutricia, Kansas City, MO, June 2019
- "Practical Dietary Procedures for Ketogenic Therapies," Hospital Infantil Universitario Nino’ Jesus, Madrid, Spain, April 2019
- "Super Foods on the Ketogenic Diet," Keto University, Nutricia, Kansas City, MO, June 2019
- "Dietary Therapies for Epilepsy," Panelist, Wellness and Epilepsy Conference, Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan, Livonia, MI, November 2018
- "Supplementing with Nutrients that May Benefit Ketogenic Diet Therapy," 6th Global Symposium on Ketogenic Therapies for Neurological Disorders, Jeju, South Korea, October 2018
- "Legitimate Uses for the Ketogenic Diet: Who and How," Michigan Academy Fall Conference Sept 2018
- "Ketogenic Diet for Cancer," Webinar, Keto Hope Foundation, July 2018
- "The Ketogenic Diet: Revisited, Revitalized, Renewed," Developmental Disabilities Conference, Western Michigan University School of Medicine, April 2017
- "Ketogenic Diet Therapies," Infant and Pediatric Specialty Nutrition Conference, University of Michigan, November 2017
- "The Ketogenic Diet: Revisited, Revitalized, Renewed," SEMDA (South Eastern Michigan Dietetic Association) Meeting, October 2017
- "Dietetic Intern Ketogenic Diet Training," University of Michigan, October 2017
- "Defeating Epilepsy: One Stick of Butter at a Time," Ketogenic Diet Therapies Conference, April 2017, Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences
- "Pharmacist Training on Ketogenic Diet Therapy," University of Michigan, June 2017
- "Medical Assistants Ketogenic Diet Training," Jackson MA Association, January 2016
- "Nurse Practitioner Training for Ketogenic Diet," University of Michigan, 2015
- "Resident Training for Ketogenic Diet Admissions," University of Michigan, March 2015
- "Nurse Education on Ketogenic Diet Therapy," University of Michigan, June 2014
- "Ketone Testing in Managing the Ketogenic Diet-Literature Review and Case Studies," Webinar, Nutricia, December 2012
Charlie Foundation Ketogenic Diet Therapy Seminars
- NYU Winthrop Hospital, Center for Cancer Care, Mineola, New York, May 2019
- Mercy Health Hauenstein Neuroscience Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan February 2019
- Sparrow Hospital, Lansing, Michigan January 2019
- Bucharest Romania Physicians and Dietitians, June 2018
- Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA May 2018
- Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan October 2017
- Bucharest Romania Physicians, October 2017
- Nutritional Healing Center, Ann Arbor Michigan, January 2017